Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, CAMonterey is home to two interesting tourist districts, each a historic waterfront area that hearkens back to the days when fishing ruled the economy of the region. Made famous in a novel by American author John Steinbeck, Cannery Row was once a busy sardine canning district - but now it's better known for shopping, dining and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Just around the corner is Fisherman's Wharf, an active fish market until the 1960s that today is a pedestrian area with shops, restaurants and tour companies.
Events -Classic car shows, block parties, cherry festival, wharf tours
- Shop at eclectic stores for all kinds of gift items
- Dine on fresh seafood with a view of the coast
- Visit the incredible Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Watch crashing ocean waves as you sip a cocktail
- Stroll the wharf and book a tour of Monterey Bay