Big Sur Coastline & Highway 1Jaw-dropping, breathtaking and stunning are just a few of the adjectives commonly used to describe Big Sur, the dramatic slice of California coastline between Carmel and Morro Bay. Huge ocean waves crash against tall cliffs, creating a rugged wilderness of unparalleled natural beauty. Winding through this splendor is Highway 1, an impossibly curvy road that cruises past wildlife preserves, epic forests and picture-perfect beaches to explore.
Events -Whale migration, elephant seal breeding season
- Witness some of the planet's most spectacular coastal scenery
- Hike to a hidden waterfall
- Stargaze on clear evenings
- Plan a picnic by the beach and listen to crashing ocean waves
- Watch for wildlife: whales, sea otters and elephant seals